Tuesday, August 15, 2017

The Eclipse


Spooky, darkening skies will soon be looming over my house, but only for a few moments and then it will be over. Wow!



As fate would have it, I live directly in the path of the approaching total eclipse - the suck zone. All my neighbors think it's awesome, including the hundreds of other people who have been herding into the region to see this ‘once in a lifetime’ event. The police, fire departments, and medical emergency folks are on high alert. I think they all be crazy.


Traffic in the area has increased substantially. Thank you, fate. Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!  


I understand why astronomers and astrophysicist get all giddy about the eclipse, but I ain’t no star gazing dude. I reckon the most I’ll say when it happens is . . . “wow, darkness . . . wow, it’s no longer dark.”


I have a hunch there will be several idiots who will stare at the eclipse with faulty eye-protection, and of course, soon thereafter, lawsuits will be filled. Lawyers will make money and the idiots will be blind. *sigh*


I could, however, turn this into a profit-making venture. $20 for premium spot on the lawn to view the eclipse - $30 for the rooftop - $10 for parking in the driveway - $5 to use the bathroom - $5 for a cup of lemonade - $15 for a hot-dog - $20 for a sandwich - $25 for an eclipse T-shirt - $300 for night-vision goggles.


Nope, strangers lurking in my yard is not a good idea.


Although, I could do a re-enactment from the movie, Apocalypto, and put it on the Internet. I wonder if my neighbor would be willing to let me paint him blue and rip out his heart? Sounds like fun, but I doubt he’d go for it.   




Needless to say, I am not that excited about the impending eclipse as everyone else seems to be.


A celestial object moving in space. Wow!


This is it. Exciting, eh? 


I’m headed to Gen-Con this weekend! Now that is something to get excited about . . . Yippee!!!!!


Darkness is coming. I hope everyone has an awesome eclipse moment.



Spreading the Love to Paraguay, Greece, Portugal, and Poland.


-jk-

No comments:

Post a Comment