Saturday, July 22, 2017

Yellow Brick Road


I decided to end my hiatus from blog posting and inform the world that I am still alive. You can all rest easy now.   

😫😫😫

Between working on another book and negotiating my finances so that I can put my trilogy books into paper backs, as well as publish my completed 4th book, I have had very little time for any thing else. Book 4 has been on hold because I have been searching for a cover designer who understands that unknown writers are typically poor.


😅😅😅

In addition to writing, I have been considering another adventure to embark upon . . . stand-up comedy. I know, it sounds like a crazy idea and one I am sure to fail at, but like Dorothy and her gang of misfits, I am curious about the yellow brick road and where it will take me. I doubt that I have the courage to stand in front of a crowd and attempt to make them laugh, though I’ll never know until I give it a try. I thrive on being embarrassed and humiliated.    


🙈🙉🙊

As a writer, I endeavor to awaken whatever emotions I can with captivating stories. However, if no one is reading my stories, I often wonder if continuing down this particular yellow brick road is worth it. And if I hear, “Keep writing and maybe someday one of your books might catch on,” one more time, I maybe or might kill someone. Bah, I’m a coward; I’d just shout random meaningless words at them and walk away.

😖😖😖

At some point in life, sooner or later, we are all confronted with the formidable scary yellow brick road and are forced to make tough choices. Personally, I wish the dang thing was a different color. Yellow? A soft shade of blue would certainly be less frightening. Yellow is the color of a coward. I suppose, metaphorically speaking, that is the reason why the road is yellow; we must conquer our fears in order to succeed.

😰😰😰

Making mistakes and bad choices are the things that make us who we are and who will become as a person. Unfortunately, there is no chart to follow or guarantee of a successful outcome. The only way to find out is to take the first step and keep walking until you reach a fork in the road. A fork is okay, just don’t plan on having soup for dinner. Be strong, be happy, and if you get tired of walking, take a break and smell a few roses or do some stress relief and shout angry words at an annoying relative who everyone dislikes.


😥😬

Life is like picking and eating blackberries on a hot summer day, sometimes you bite into a sweet one or an incredibly tart one that makes your face explode.



Stay Cool and be a Green Giraffe or a Lavender Duck this week.


Spreading Love to Germany, Ireland, Hungary, and Switzerland!


Feel free to jot down a comment, because it’s the only way I’ll know if anyone reads the gibberish I write.  


-jk-
   

No comments:

Post a Comment