Saturday, March 11, 2017

Seriously?


What an amazing week!


It rained, it was hot, it was cold, and it snowed. I blame Global Confusion instead of Global Warming for the erratic weather. 


I decided not to attend the monthly meeting of Perpetual Procrastinators, but I did attend a garden party/ dinner fund raiser, hosted by the Insignificant and Irrelevant Society. (I was the guest speaker.) I spoke about sarcasm and how to tell and maintain a lie – no one paid any attention to my speech, which is equivalent to clapping at all Insignificant and Irrelevant Society gatherings.


Serious events require serious action


But seriously; why do writers, musicians, singers, dancers, and artist all desire to be taken seriously? I hear that expression a lot. “I want to be taken seriously as a _______.  Is being taken seriously a validation of success and subsequent acceptance into the secret society of serious people? Comedians, clowns, and cable news commentators are never taken seriously, but many of them are extremely successful and accepted as serious people.

Seriously, the last thing I want is to be taken seriously. I am happy-go-lucky. I don’t do serious.

 I write allegorical fantasy novels, philosophically, and even I don’t understand them. I can explain what I wrote, but I don’t recall writing it. I struggle to remember what I ate yesterday and what I did. My world is a constant blur of obscure thoughts.

The world (humanity) is currently waaaaaaaaaaaaay to serious. Safe Zones. Sanctuary Cities. Scandals. Vegan or not to be Vegan. Bad Words. Acceptable Words. Violence. Etc. Etc. Etc. Oy Vey!

Pharmaceutical companies need to start making ‘Chill Pills’ and stop making pills with 7,000 side-effects and only hint at curing what ails you.

Money and Laws are two very big-ticket serious things. If we eliminate them, we would be less serious. Without money and laws, the world would be chaotic. Chaos is never serious.

Seriously, is there a switch that goes off in a person’s head to suddenly force them to be serious.

I think people confuse passion with being serious. You can be passionate about something without being serious. It’s called compromising your perception or position. To many people, and way too often, compromise is considered a bad word, but in order to eradicate serious, compromise is a necessity.

If you hear a word or see an event that makes you seriously angry; compromise by laughing, smiling, or you could even lay down and think about happy-go-lucky thoughts.

However, I am sure glad there are serious people in the world, otherwise we'd all bee buzzing in serious trouble. I seriously mean that.


I seriously need a drink. I seriously need to sleep. I seriously need something else, but seriously, I forgot what it was that I needed.


Spreading the Love to Canada, Germany, Slovakia, Poland, France, and Italy.


Be a compromising purple dove or a giant red otter this week. 



-jk-
      

No comments:

Post a Comment